To build a strong and lasting partnership between the West Chester Community and the West Chester Police Department through cooperation and education.
Provide an opportunity for citizens to learn firsthand about police operations in West Chester fostering a better understanding and communication between the police department and the public.
- Overview of West Chester Police Department Operations and Organization
- Patrol Functions
- Criminal Investigations
- Evidence Handling and Processing
- Special Operations
- Introduction to Criminal Law and Courtroom Procedure
- Warrant Service
- Jail Operations
- Plus many other subjects…
To Qualify for Participation, applicants must be 21 years of age and either reside or work in West Chester Township. You must complete an application and complete the waivers of participation accompanying the application. All applicants must pass a criminal and traffic background check.
Attendance in the West Chester Citizen Police Academy is a prerequisite to joining the Alumni Association.
What We Do
- Enhance Public Relations
- Alumni for the Citizen Academy providing continued education, support and commitment to the Police Division
- Attend neighborhood social events to promote the Citizen Academy Training Classes
Provide Community Service
- Assist the West Chester Police in child ID fingerprinting throughout the year
- Volunteer for Annual bike rally, Shop with a cop, Promote gun safety at different events, Coffee with a cop, Drug-take-back program and other community events!